Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Making stuff


Is anyone watching Making It? Amy P and Nick O are ridiculously wonderful and the show is one of those few gems that you can watch with your kids without worrying something inappropriate will happen. Anyway there are some contestants that I just loveeeeee. The interior designer has the best taste (she's my favorite and i think she'll win) and the colors and whimsy of the paper crafting lady.... gahhhh. You should watch this show, its on hulu. It pairs nicely with sweatpants and white wine. This show reminds me of all of the things I love about The Great British Baking Show. It also reminds me of how much I love to craft. And troll etsy.

photo: newsweek

About 9 years ago, I had my first baby girl. I started making hairbows for her and really enjoyed the creativity it brought out of me. I had a surprisingly active Etsy shop and facebook page. Then I had my 2nd baby girl. I got super burned out and had such little time to craft.

Fast forward to now, 9 years later. I am feeling the itch to make things again. I think my dream etsy shop would contain some kids stuff, some mom stuff, some magical concoctions. Sooooo I've ordered some supplies and I'm ready to get cracking. I think this full moon will fill me with the energy I need to begin. Every full moon makes me start some kind of major project. My husband is such a sweet man-lol.

So stay tuned for some etsy goodness. I'm also going to try to write more. I'll post some sneak peaks on here soon :)


1.11

I had a friend growing up that would always say, "it's 11:11, make a wish!" The rules were you would close your eyes, make a w...