Thursday, January 4, 2018

TAROT for beginners

Many years ago, my incredible, very open minded mom, bought me a beginner tarot starter kit from the impulse section in line at Barnes and Noble bookstore. It came bundled in a tiny square box and included a deck, a book of card descriptions and a cart layout sheet. It traveled with me from home, to my college dorm room, my first apartment, my first house with my new husband and finally my current home. And I haven't lost it, which is pretty impressive for this unorganized gal. So, here's my first deck....
It was a great starter deck. I absolutely had a lot of luck with these cards. One particular reading for a friend on that powerful solar eclipse day. (CHILLS for days) But the cards were small, the pictures on the cards were not very descriptive, and the description book is brief. I will keep it to lend to friends that are interested in learning or for my kiddos some day. I have a sentimental feeling towards it. But it's definitely time for some big girl cards. 

Here is my pretty new deck......
Every time I see this picture, the song "Isn't she Lovely" by Stevie Wonder plays in my head. I've done some research on how to choose the right deck. There are so many choices out there and it can be overwhelming. The most traditional and commonly used deck is the Rider Waite deck. In my opinion it is a great deck to choose if you are getting to know and understand tarot. The pictures are clear and descriptive as opposed to some other decks I've seen. So I went to Barnes and Noble and bought the Rider Waite tarot set. I hate to be basic, but this felt right for me. When I opened the box, I was happily surprised by the beautiful starry pattern on the backs of the cards and the deep blue background. These really speak to me. Which, I think, is a real meet-cute and a great way to start this relationship with my cards. <3 

The chakra stones are from my lovely soul sister-in-law. She is a fellow witchy woman who shares my passion in all things spiritual. She got them from a local shop called Dragonfly Designs and they are gorgeous. 

Next up, readings...... 




1.11

I had a friend growing up that would always say, "it's 11:11, make a wish!" The rules were you would close your eyes, make a w...